The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

nachbar (45) [Avatar] Offline
I am skipping typos, but I noted a couple of mistakes your editor might miss.

On page 47, "MondoDB" should probably be "MongoDB"

On page 51, "For all intensive purposes" should be "for all intents and purposes" -- see for example http://grammarist.com/usage/for-all-intensive-purposes/
julian.hyde (7) [Avatar] Offline
Re: A few small mistakes
Thank you. I have fixed these in ch 2 and ch 3 of our manuscript. (The changes may not be published in MEAP for some time.)
vanessaicm (1) [Avatar] Offline
In page 43, this sentence can loose the first 'the':
Mondrian the uses data source definitions to find the data and Mondrian schemas to interpret the data.
julian.hyde (7) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. I have fixed this sentence. It is now:

Mondrian then uses data source definitions to find the data and Mondrian schemas to interpret the data. Mondrian sends SQL queries to the database to get data to satisfy MDX queries from users via some analytics tool. In the remainder of this chapter we'll show how you get data and organize the data, and then describe and expose it for Mondrian's use.
DreamingFighter (2) [Avatar] Offline
Page 18: Finally, Mondrian is open source source