hgoenadi (1) [Avatar] Offline
on chapter 2.2.1 you have Mondrian on VirtualBox. Where I can get it ?
william.back (28) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Mondrian VirtualBox
It's in the process of being put together and we need to find a location to host it. I will check w/ Manning to see if we can find a spot and get something out there soon. It's a work in progress (as is Mondrian 4), so updates will continue.
bfrancis (1) [Avatar] Offline
I am interested in a VM, too. Please let me know when one is available. Maybe you could use bittorrent for distribution?
Manning has given us an FTP site. I'm hoping to put something up there this weekend and announce it on this forum and via Twitter (@billbackbi).
plorent (27) [Avatar] Offline
The VirtualBox could come in handy while working with the book.
richardgear (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

The VM is ready now?
Sorry I haven't been able to get the VM out. I've been updating it and testing, but haven't had a lot of time for it. We are in the process of finishing up chapters 5-8 for review so we can get those out. Hopefully I will have some free time over the holidays to complete this.
nnoori (6) [Avatar] Offline
I am working on reviewing the book and would like to get a copy of the VM if possible?

It will help a lot to run and validate the code samples for the book!
Thanks.. Nadia
At long last a version of the VM is ready. It's not the final and has known issues, but it is enough to get you up and going with Mondrian.

It is a virtual box image and quite large. You will need a copy of VirtualBox (free download from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) and some time.

Note that the link doesn't appear to work in Safari, but does work in Chrome and Firefox.

ftp://anonymous@manning-source.com:download@ftp.manning-source.com/Ubuntu.ova
nnoori (6) [Avatar] Offline
I tried to download the vm and got ftp 421 error!
I just tried the link in both Chrome and Firefox and they both began the download. Please try again with one of those browsers.
Viladrin (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
can you tell me how i must run mondrian? Is only in snapshot on the desktop?
I run pentaho:
/opt/pentaho/biserver-ce-4.5/biserver-ce/start-pentaho.sh
and... what next?
I want check the connection with xmla, but:
localhost:8080/mondrian/xmla dont working (/pentaho/xmla also)
Can you tell me what i should do?
It's further down the thread, but here is the current version. Note that some of the reports and such don't work, but Saiku does, so you can work with Mondrian. I've been updating the machine, but then VirtualBox somehow corrupted the machine, so I'm starting with the fixes again.

ftp://anonymous@manning-source.com:download@ftp.manning-source.com/Ubuntu.ova

NOTE that you should use Chrome or Firefox to download instead of Safari. (Or just plain old FTP). The image is quite large.
Hi,
I have 2 questions:
1) Saiku use XMLA to connect do the mondrian? (if yes, can i use it connection?)
2) Can i connect (in this version) to the mondrian with XMLA from third party program? if yes, which URL i must use?
I believe Saiku uses the OLAP4J drivers, but you would want to check with that project to be sure.

The URL for using XMLA depends on how you are running in Mondrian. With Pentaho it is http://server:port/pentaho/Xmla

See "10.1.2 Configuring Mondrian as an XMLA Web Service" for more details on configuring for XMLA.
Hi, where can I found 10.1.2 Configuring Mondrian as an XMLA Web Service? Can you give me a link?
It's should be in the MEAP. All chapters are available at this time.