The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

standy (3) [Avatar] Offline
Is there going to be downloadable source code/assets with this book..?.

if not would it be (as a suggestion only) possible to replace #A,#B,#C etc with commenting markup eg <!-- #A -->so just to make life slighty better smilie if we need to copy and paste from the ebook to run samples.
emartel (26) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Source Code
I asked Pete already and the source code will be available at a later date smilie
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
There will be downloadable source.

As to the #A etc. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to change that -- the production process at Manning requires them in that format.

My tech editor (Tom McKearney) created a word macro that strips those out when he's testing the code.

Pete
CharlesM (1) [Avatar] Offline
Any chance of getting the source code? I'm up at chapter 13 and starting to get a little lost with the LayoutAwarePages on the ViewStates Chapter.

Thx
Charles
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
I'll ping my editor again. The source code was (I thought) to be made available with the MEAP.

Keep in mind it's several hundred MB, so they may just be trying to find a good way to host it smilie

Pete