The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

emartel (26) [Avatar] Offline
Unless I missed it, the listing of the CameraViewModel doesn't include a Name property which is then used in the MainViewModel
Re: Chapter 9
Listing 9.5 doesn't include the Y Pan label (the X Pan is there)... was probably removed when replaced by the sliders comment
Listing 9.14 ... there seems to be a quote missing:
<Slider x:Name="XPosition">
For some reason... the forum is closing the quote and adding > :/
Detail but... Y Pan is font size 20 while X Pan is font size 18 smilie
Right after listing 9.14... another reason to use the viewmodel is for validation. While the sliders have min / max values, the textbox doesn't (there might be a way but I'm still not there yet smilie). Therefore, you can enter values outside of the range and while the slider will clamp the value within its range, there's a desynchronization between the two controls
Page 227, I think " and my own attempts and not yielded anything I’d want to put my name on. " should read "...my own attempts have not yielded..."
Listing 9.26 only adds a PropertyChanged to Cameras[0] but it needs to be added to all 3 cameras to properly update the SelectedCamera
Listing 9.29 doesn't include #A and #B even though they're defined at the bottom
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. I'll check these out. They're likely also sitting in the notes from my tech editor (which I haven't yet gone through).

Pete
Excellent! Sorry for spamming them all, would be easier with the Review system in Word smilie

Listing 9.28 uses FrontCamera, RearCamera and HorizonCamera -> should be Cameras[0], Cameras[1] and Cameras[2]