jadawin (10) [Avatar] Offline
So, the 'Deal of the Day' today is for '60 Android Hacks', a book I've never heard of.

So I think 'Lets go check out the site, and see the progress, and maybe pick up the MEAP'.

Can't find it. I find 50 Android Hacks, but.... smilie

Is it growing by 20%? I see graphics of both covers, identical save for the count.

I don't see any mention of the 'upgrade' in any messages here. The title of the area is still '50'.

Inquiring minds want to know!
Re: 50 or 60, What's The Count, Kenneth?
No answer, closed up my pending order for this book, and for Android in Practice. Anybody else got any idea what's up with this book as far as the 'real' title goes?
DrStephenCW (1) [Avatar] Offline
I have a version from February 14, 2012 which says "60". And I just picked up the most recent one today ant it says 50. So, really, 17% less.
So, with no answer, I put a question in on Customer Support on the 9th. I got back a rather quick (less than 20 minutes) reply:
>>The correct version is 50 Android hacks. It was originally 60 but the author cut down how many were going into the book.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Ted
>>Customer Support
>>Manning Publications Co.

Guess I should have asked there. I might have been able to use the 46% code and buy a few books. Ah well.

Maybe I'll come up with "The Missing Ten Hacks" and publish an Amazon vanity book at 17% of the price. smilie
carlos.sessa (15) [Avatar] Offline
jadawin:

We decided to lower the amount of hacks since the book was getting too long.
I took extra care of not leaving anything behind and I managed to merge some.

The final version is more concise and better organised.