The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

robman (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi.

I went through the v2 of this MEAP a few months ago as part of a self-education exercise. I recorded a fairly long list of information and language errors as well as some possible code items to check. There are possibly a few hundred individual proof reading errors to check.

How should I submit this to the authors? I'm not immediately able to review all the items already recorded and corrected in this forum to date and correlate them with my list, and I'm not sure that I want to post my entire list here. However if that's the necessary path, then please advise so.

Regards
Rob M
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: List of errors recorded while reading
Hi Rob,

FYI books go through extensive proof-reading before printing but not during MEAP phase, this is why you've noticed all these issues. You can email me the list of errors and I'll take care of routing it to John and Victor ( david at dossot dot net ).

On the other hand, please post information errors in this forum, as it will also benefit other MEAP readers.

Cheers,
D.
robman (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for setting me straight. I'm not familiar with MEAP process, hence my off-beat approach.
I'll mail you that list.
vromero (6) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks Rob