The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

sharoncenter9 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

So I have put in the exact coding for listing 2.2 and made sure the js and css files were being loaded, and then I get an error from the framework as such:

Uncaught Error: [ERROR][Anonymous] Using Ext.Msg without requiring Ext.MessageBox
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Listing 2.2
yeah, that was a change that occurred after we developed that chapter & listing. Simply adding Ext.require('Ext.MessageBox'); before your onReady will make it work.
sharoncenter9 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks,

I found that this made it work, although slightly different than what you suggested:

Ext.setup({
requires : [ 'Ext.MessageBox' ],
onReady : function(){
Ext.Msg.alert(
'Hello!',
'Hello there from Sencha Touch!'
);
}
});

I saw it an another example in the kitchen sink for requiring other classes within a setup.

Message was edited by:
sharoncenter9
kofiaddaquay (22) [Avatar] Offline
Hello this is my first post... i just bought the book and was excited about it...only to get my hello world that is not working. before that... i struggled due to lack of direction on how to set a application up. the hello world sample just starts out as "we are going to create a test page" ... where this "test page" will live is not even discussed. is it in the project ... outside... nothing is mentioned. these are little details that make a book great.

I have the v10 and this has still not be updated. i know the book is in progress... but this was spotted all the way in september and still not updated. correct me if i am wrong..but isnt this book due in jan. there are tons of typos...and i am only in the first chapter. sorry this has frustrated me
kofiaddaquay (22) [Avatar] Offline
as of chapter 4...things are now beginning to make sense and i am beginning to appreciate the book, but i think the first 3 chapters need simplification. thanks