The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

elwis (10) [Avatar] Offline
yeah yeah, I bought the book more than a year ago but a lot of ugly .net came in my way. Anyway, back in the "real world" and finally I'm chewing my way through it this weekend (according to the plan).
However, I'm on UBuntu12.04 with Oracle jdk 1.7 and eclipse Juno.
When I try to import the chapter2 project, it will only give me errors, no matter if I import an "existing maven project" or a "General project".
"Project configuration is not up-to-date".. and when I, as suggested try "Quick fix" it gives me:

An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project".
Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4

Any suggestions? I'm not much of an eclipse/maven guy.. yet smilie
Regards, and pretty please give us the camel/servicemix book for x-mas...
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Re: maven and eclipse projects
Oh you are on the edge with Eclipse Juno. I have not yet had a chance myself to try it out. I tend to use IDEA the most.

Java7 support requires Camel 2.10 or better, so you would need that version of Camel.

Can you import some of the other samples from other chapters? Or is there always a problem?

If you have Maven on the command line, you can type in a sample.
mvn eclipse:eclipse

That would generate eclipse project files. Which you can then import as existing Eclipse project. That was what we used to do in the old days, when Eclipse did not have built-in Maven support.