adrianmurray (4) [Avatar] Offline
Is there is list of accepted errata available for download?

I am aware of the errata thread on this forum but I am looking for a list of accepted errata I can download.
martijn.verburg (86) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Errata List?
Hi Adrian,

We're compiling a list of Errata now - Manning has a regular Errata release cycle for their books and I think ours is due fairly soon (mid September or so).

Cheers,
Martijn
likethesky (12) [Avatar] Offline
In the meanwhile (Martin or Ben), should we start a new thread for the print copy of the book (the one I'm reading now), rather than having to pore through every one of the 5 pages of the long Errors and Corrections thread and trying to determine which PDF or print version errors/typos already exist before reporting?

Name it something like, "First paper printing--Errors and Corrections--until Errata page is ready" ... ? Then be sure to add a last post to it with the link to the Errata page at Manning and close the thread, once the Errata page is ready.

I've got the first printing, AFAIK, it's copyright 2013 and has all the numbers on the copyright page, like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 -- MAL -- 18 17 16 15 14 13 12

Not sure where the '11' is supposed to be however! A typo there?! smilie

~ Brad

PS My slight typo/errata is on pp. 34-35 of the print book, on p. 34: (1) "has a directory at D:\Backup, then" should be "has a directory at D:Backup, then", (2) "write to the D:\Backup\MyStuff.txt file" should be "write to the D:BackupMyStuff.txt file" and p. 35: (3) "deletes the file at D:\Backup\MyStuff.txt that you" should be "deletes the file at D:BackupMyStuff.txt that you"

The only place the double backslashes should exist is in the *code*, where they are escaping the '\' (single backslash). The three places in the text I quote above are describing them as actual filesystem locations (no need for escaping and so it's confusing to see them there in the actual text describing the locations on a, presumably, Windows system).

UPDATE: Btw, this is exactly how you already do it *correctly* on p. 32, with C:workspacejava7developer and C:workspacejava7developersrc in the text and the double backslash version in the code (Listing 2.3)...
martijn.verburg (86) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Brad,

Yes starting a new thread would be helpful and thanks for your catch! We'll add that to the list.

Cheers,
Martijn