The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

siamackj (32) [Avatar] Offline
I thought this is more like a shot in the dark but I thought that there might be chance that someone in this group might have done it. I am pretty new in OSGI though decent experience in JEE and Spring. So I feel somehow silly to bring up a question for a presumably simple hello world application.

I have been trying to run sample code for chapter 2 on WebSphere Application Server V8.5 using RAD 8.5 as my IDE. For some reason,I get the naming exception for osgi:service/fancyfoods.offers.CurrentOffers when I run SayHelloJNDI servlet. That is to say I always get the message "We have no special offers today. Try again tomorrow."

I have deployed the following jar files as separate bundles in my internal repositories through admin console [which should register the service and I should get the offer for normal chocolate]:
fancyfoods.api
fancyfoods.business
fancyfoods.department.chocolate

would appreciate any tip if anyone has done it. thanx

Message was edited by:
siamackj