The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

maxblacks (37) [Avatar] Offline
When are new chapters going to be available ?

Primarily,
Working with components and patterns
Integration architecture with Mule
Any draft material that can be shared ?

Additionally can we see more details provided on CXF and Mule integration focusing on cxf:proxy,cxf:jax-ws and cxf with mtom ?

Thanks
Mittal
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: New Chapters
No specific date set for the next MEAP, but it's coming, we're busy updating the existing content to Mule 3.3.0.

Regarding CXF, we talk of simple-service and jaxws-client in chapter 3. Maybe an appendix detailing other/advanced usage (like jaxws-service, proxying and MTOM) would be good addition. We've taken good note of this suggestion, thanks.

In the meantime, refer to the CXF module user guide: http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/CXF+Module+Reference
Thanks Dave. One of the things we discovered while implementing CXF is, mule does not support CXF proxy with attachments. We ended up implementing jax-ws with attachment, mention of this would be good for user community.

If you guys need any help to review any draft chapters, I would glad to help.

Mittal
Thanks Mittal.

If we end up covering the CXF proxy, we'll have to mention that. Did you open a bug report at MuleSoft: http://www.mulesoft.org/jira/browse/MULE ? They need to know this kind of thing.

Cheers,
David
I created ticket with Mule Support - and had few conf. calls with them. It was agreed-upon there is bug in Mule 3.1.2 and 3.2.1 for using CXF proxy to process attachments.

I provided them unit test in work space demonstrating behavior in CXF proxy versus CXF jax ws
Awesome, I wish I could change your bronze medal (on the left) to gold smilie
me 2 smilie