aejaz (13) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I am trying to import the bpmn file described in chapter 7 on page 156.
But the problem is that "Import BPMN 2.0 file" option is not present
in the pop-up menu which is shown on right clicking on the newly
created project from package explorer. The only available option is
"Create Deployment artifacts" at the bottom.

This option is also not visible from Activiti Explorer or Project Explorer.
Other than that, I am able new bpmn diagrams successfully.

Do I need to re-install the Designer ?

Thanks,
Aejaz
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problem with bpmn import using activity Designer 5.9.3
Hi Aejaz,

I'm very sorry, but the line you are pointing to is an old line of text. For some reason this slipped into the book. What it should say is the following:

Copy the .bpmn20.xml file to the newly created project in the Activiti Designer and rename the file extension to .bpmn. Then your project should look similar to figure 7.7.

So you've to copy the .bpmn20.xml file of the Activiti Modeler to the project of the Activiti Designer. There's no import feature there anymore, because that's not needed. You can simple copy the file, and rename the extension to .bpmn and the Designer should be able to open the diagram.

Best regards,

Tijs
aejaz (13) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your prompt reply Tijs.

Before posting, I tried to look into Designer
documentation also but couldn't find anything
regarding this, so hopefully this will help others
as well.

Overall, I am finding the concepts clearly
explained & easy to follow except for a few
things for which i will ask you separately.
Superb work !!

Aejaz
jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Hi againn Tijs,

I just have an observation, I am working with Signavio Process Editor and Activiti Designer 5.9.3 which is the last update of the plug-in. I built a process on Signavio, exported as BPMN 2.0 xml file, imported on Activiti Designer and everything was ok till this point. I made changes in the process adding technical details and changing the ID's of the elements, then I save it in Activit Designer and and DOCUMENTATION ELEMENTS OF EACH ELEMENT WERE GONE¡¡¡¡ I then got back to Signavio in order to import the changed process, and almost everything in the changed process was ok, except ovbiously every documentation parts, also the THE SPECIFIC DETAILS OF THE <signavio> namespace (which is less important so far). So I realized that when you go from Signavio to Activiti Designer is ok, everything is in place, but when you go from Activiti Designer to Signavio, the documentation that was written in Signavio was gone smilie. So I wonder if is possible to take into account that bug in the next realse of the plug-in in order to not lose documentation when you apply roundtrip Signavio-Activiti Designer-Signavio smilie.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue and I'll certainly try to fix it for the next release. Could you raise a JIRA with this bug and maybe attach an example process? Then I'm certain that it will be addressed in the next release.

Thanks,

Tijs
jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Of course Tijs, I can do that smilie. Juts please could you explain to me how I have to report this in JIRA? Is there any web site special for that?
Great smilie
This is the JIRA website for Activiti: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ACT
You'll have to create a JIRA account if you don't have one yet.

Thanks,

Tijs