The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
One thing Manning and my editor have suggested for this book is image captioning. Attached are some examples.

I plan to do a lot more of that throughout the book, but it's definitely more effort than just pasting in a screen shot and describing it in the text. The effort is probably worth it, but as a datapoint to help me going forward, I'd like to know if you all find these helpful.

See attached.

Pete
phenryll (12) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Image Captioning - Helpful?
Definitely Pete, it illustrates the best way what a descriptive paragraph explains.
To me it is a must smilie
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks, good to know.

I'll let Manning figure out how to deal with localizing it then smilie

Pete
mbcrump (8) [Avatar] Offline
I love image captioning. This is something that I've suggested other authors do in the past. It helps the reader quickly understand what you are referring to.
timethinker (1) [Avatar] Offline
It would definitely help get the point across.

I think sometimes referring them to the text with a number also helps, possibly in a listing.