The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

g-loc (7) [Avatar] Offline
hi,
I think I found a few things, changes from vs 11 beta 2 rc, but i'm sure you already know

Platform pane-> Device Pane
bankpage.xaml -> MainPage.xaml
web api controller is generated in a different way

the images 1.8 e 1.9 are changed in rc

a few ideas for the restful examples:
1. public IQueryable<InstantMessage> Get() to show the use of odata client side to query data
2. use a different accept header to use api controller to dowload in image, for example
3. use of portable library to share classes between client and server
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Re: a few things
Yes, thanks for that info. Some of the content needs to be updated very shortly, as it was turned in prior to the RC.

I was actually having a conversation about portable libraries with one of the team members today. I'm still not a huge fan of the approach (due to the limitations you'll run into), but I should at least explain it. thanks.

I probably won't get into OData in this book for different reasons.

Pete