The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Welcome and thank you for participating in the Early Access Program for Windows 8 XAML in Action.

The first chapters will be out shortly.

Your feedback is highly encouraged. The chapters all go through copy editing later, so I'm mostly interested in technical details, questions, things you want better/different coverage on, etc. Let me know what aspects of Metro style app development are tripping you up, or which ones you'd like some deeper insight into. Let me know if there's stuff you ran across in my Silverlight books (if you have them) that you want a similar level of coverage in this book.

The earlier you get the feedback in, the better chance it has of making it into this edition of the book.

Also note that the in-book screenshots will be updated later. Some are showing consumer preview/Beta, some are release preview/RC. The Windows 8 UI is being updated for each release, and SteveSi has said that we'll see more changes at the final release.

If any of you will be at Tech Ed this coming week, say "hi". I'll also be at MADExpo in June, VSLive Redmond in August, and thatConference in August.

Thanks again for picking this book up! I hope it helps you be successful with building Metro style apps.

Pete