The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

braves (3) [Avatar] Offline
Doing a rake assets:precompile (following P94 errata), I get an error as shown below.

/home/srg/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p125/bin/ruby /home/srg/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125@rails3tutorial2ndEd/bin/rake assets:precompile:all RAILS_ENV=production RAILS_GROUPS=assets
rake aborted!
Invalid CSS after "": expected selector or at-rule, was "<!DOCTYPE html>"
(in /home/srg/rails3inaction/ticketee/app/assets/stylesheets/application.css)

Tasks: TOP => assets:precompile:primary
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [/home/srg/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p125/bin/...]

Tasks: TOP => assets:precompile
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I also ran with the trace, but did not see anything obvious.

My application.css file is the one downloaded following the link in the book.

Since I already had rails installed before starting the book, my versions don't match the authors' - they are newer.
-ruby 1.9.3p125 (2012-02-16 revision 34643) [i686-linux]-
-Rails 3.2.3

Any idea why this error is occurring? I really don't want to go backwards in versions just to see if that works.
braves (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: page 94 production environment
This post is now closed. It was operator error.
I can't explain the sequence of events, but somehow managed to get app/views/layout/application.html.erb content into application.css...unbelievable, but I can't argue with the evidence.

Anyway, that is why the "Invalid CSS..." error occurred.