The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

carlb (2) [Avatar] Offline
1. I posted and revised this earlier but couldn't find it in the posted messages; hence, my first question is: Where did it go when I clicked on Save? 2. When I selected a location (IA, KS or MO) to install a package, I could not find the one required for Section 1.8, Item 2 (vcd). I only had a choice of GLMMGibbs, RCurl, Rstem, surnnet, XML, XMLRPC & yags. 3. I could not get the Section 1.4.4 command help(package="package_name" command to work using any of the preceding names. 4.Using the search() command in Section 1.4, I found there were nine in the standard set, not seven. 5.The arrow keys did not allow me to edit or resubmit an entry. I could only do this by backspacing (see 1.3.3, top of page 12). 5. When I checked my library holdings after downloading the packages in question 2, I didn't see them listed, but I saw more than the nine listed in Question 3 and only seven of the nine.