ostfale (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I've tried to run the examples and got for the first version of the GroovyEditView a SecurityException. I took a screenshot, which I can't post here.

Any idea?

Regards, Uwe
andres.almiray (116) [Avatar] Offline
Re: SecurityException
Hi Uwe,

It's a bit hard to pinpoint exactly what went wrong without having more information.
Could you tell us what's your current environment and Griffon version?
Also, what commands did you run.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Andres
ostfale (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Andres,

no surprise for me, that this information is not sufficient. smilie Is there a way to post (send) a screenshot of the console?
I tested it with win7(JDK 1.7) and the latest Griffon libs (0.9.5).
I startet with the first application ( later web-start) and edited the GroovyEditView.groovy file according to the book. To see the changes I startet run-app again and got following exception:

ERROR griffon.util.GriffonExceptionHandler - Uncaught Exception
java.lang.SecurityException: class "SwingGriffonAddon"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package...

Hope, this helps

Regards Uwe
andres.almiray (116) [Avatar] Offline
Ah I see. This is not a bug but rather a problem with the execution sequence.

When run-webstart or run-applet are called all jars will be signed using a self-signed certificate, including the application's jar.

When run-app is run no jars are signed and the application classes are taken directly from the compiled directory, that is, an application jar is not created.

If run-app is called after run-webstart you'll face the problem of self signed jars vs unsigned classes.

Fortunately there's an easy fix for this. Call the clean command before run-app ( you can even call run-app -clean). This will make sure to clean all compiled classes and signed jars, then recompiles all application classes and launches the application.

Cheers,
Andres
jakvra (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Andres,

I had the same problem (JDK 1.7, griffon 1.0.1). Then I have read your clarification and it make sense to me. After clean everything's working nice.

Thanks a lot,
Jakub
biospringxyz (86) [Avatar] Offline
Typo
The last sentence before Listing 1.1:

"This file is located at griffon-app/view/groovyedit/GroovyEditView.groovy."

Should "/view" read "/views"?

Hoon
biospringxyz (86) [Avatar] Offline
2nd paragraph after Listing 1.1:

"In listing 1.1, the application node resolves to a javax.swing.JFrame instance when run in standalone mode and a javax.swing.JApplet instance when run in applet mode. "

Before this sentence, there is no formal introduction of the concept of "node", and so the reader is left to guess. I am just assuming it means something similar to Groovy's closure?.

Hoon
K (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

i am using Griffon 1.5.0 and i have set griffon_home and path variables in system variables.

when i try to verify the version using griffon -v i am getting this exception.

java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.lang
at org.codehaus.griffon.cli.support.GriffonRootLoader.loadClass(GriffonRootLoader.java:49)
at org.codehaus.griffon.cli.support.GriffonRootLoader.loadClass(GriffonRootLoader.java:49)
at org.codehaus.griffon.cli.support.GriffonStarter.rootLoader(GriffonStarter.java:18smilie
at org.codehaus.griffon.cli.support.GriffonStarter.main(GriffonStarter.java:223)

Any Suggestions
K
K (2) [Avatar] Offline
298009 wrote:Hi

i am using Griffon 1.5.0 binary and i have set griffon_home and path variables in system variables.

when i try to verify the version using griffon -v i am getting this exception.

java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.lang
at org.codehaus.griffon.cli.support.GriffonStarter.rootLoader(GriffonStarter.java:18smilie
at org.codehaus.griffon.cli.support.GriffonStarter.main(GriffonStarter.java:223)

Any Suggestions
K