jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Hi again,

According to the book, it is possible to look at the current statuts of a process in a graphical diagram with the "Part of process: ‘XXX’ link." But the resulting screen only shows the tasks and variables of the process but the graphical diagram of the current status is not shown. Is that functionality still avaibale in the Activiti Explorer? I am using the last version (5.9). Another question: is it possible to get the graphical statuts of a process using the Activiti API or the Activiti REST API? This is a great functionality that we would like to embed in our web app using Activit as the core process engine.

Thanks,

Jerry
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: status of a created process instance in a graphical diagram.
Hi Jerry,

Did you deploy a process definition with BPMN 2.0 DI information? Because you only get a graphical diagram if the XML includes DI info.
Yes, the REST API provides a service to get an image with the current status of a process instance.

Best regards,

Tijs
jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Tijs,

I was reading about the Process Diagram API in Fox Engine of Camunda and I was very interested in the explanation about how you can manage the Process Diagram Graphically and add some details in the graphic diagram at run time thru the Process Diagram API.

https://app.camunda.com/confluence/display/foxUserGuide/Process+Diagram+API

I wonder if I can do something similar with Activit API. I think should be great if Activiti API could provide similar functionallity in order to provide a way to manage the diagram graphically at run time. I hope this is taken into acount for next realeses smilie. But if is not possible to add that functionality, is there any way to use Process Diagram API if I am using Activiti?

Regards,

Jerry
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jerry,

That's indeed a good service provided by the Fox Engine. In Activiti you can find a similar implementation in the Activiti Engine. There is a class called org.activiti.engine.impl.bpmn.diagram.ProcessDiagramGenerator and there a process instance status image is generated. The difference with the Fox Engine is that you get an image with the current status already highlighted in the same image. But of course it isn't hard to change this code a bit to make a more similar to the strategy of the Fox Engine. I don't think this will be part of Activiti 5.10, but maybe we can look at it for a future release.

Best regards,

Tijs