jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
I have downloaded activiti and I get started using it on the default installation on Tomcat, but in the test and production environments the app server available is GalssFish, I wonder if you can provide to me the steps needed (changes in the deployment descriptors on thw WAR's or anything else) in order to get both activiti-explorer and activiti-rest deployed on GlassFish 2.1. I have added the sun-web.xml to both apps in order to get them deployed on glassfish but it seems does not work. What else is needed?

Thanks

Jerry
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: how to deploy activiti-explorer and activiti-rest on Glasfish
Really strange, I'm almost sure that I did post a reply to your post yesterday. But let me reply again, the activiti explorer and rest web applications are just standard web applications. So I would expect that they work on most app servers out-of-the-box. Do you get some kind of error or stack trace?

Best regards,

Tijs
It occurs something strange: The web app works perfectly when the web app is deployed for first time, but If I want to redeploy the web app or if I shut the server down and boot it again the web app does not work. When I try to deploy the web app again I get the next message from galssfish:

Deployment has succeeded with following warning, please look at the log file for details
Error occurred during application loading phase. The application will not run properly. Please fix your application and redeploy. WARNING: com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException

And when the server is shutdown and boot it again and I get into the webb app I get the HTTP error 503: The requested service () is not currently available.

I really don't know what is happening. According to my knowledge, it is only needed the deployment descriptor of glassfish called SUN-WEB.XML. Inside the file I wrote this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <sun-web-app error-url="">
<context-root>/activiti-explorer</context-root>
<class-loader delegate="true" />
- <jsp-config>
- <property name="keepgenerated" value="true">
<description>Keep a copy of the generated servlet class java code.</description>
</property>
</jsp-config>
</sun-web-app>

In the same way, the deployment descriptor for the REST web app is this one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <sun-web-app error-url="">
<context-root>/activiti-rest</context-root>
<class-loader delegate="true" />
- <jsp-config>
- <property name="keepgenerated" value="true">
<description>Keep a copy of the generated servlet class java code.</description>
</property>
</jsp-config>
</sun-web-app>

What could it be? What is missing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Did you ask on the Activiti user forum if somebody deployed Activiti to Glassfish successfully?

Best regards,

Tijs
No I didn't. I will post the theard in the Activiti forum and see who has deploted it successfully smilie

Thanks
I now remember that I already posted a message on that forum on a theard called "Deploying to glassfish 3" but unfortunatelly nobody has replayed to my question smilie.