belovedofdeath (5) [Avatar] Offline
Before I started working on 6.5, my tests were passing. After adding in the stuff for it, they're not.

I did have to skip the email generation part, as when I followed the instructions for adding the config stuff to config/environment.rb, it didn't like that. Soooo, I commented it out.

(Perhaps that's where this is stemming from? But I don't think so.)

My cucumber tests are complaining that 'authenticate_user!' is an undefined method for TicketsController:Class (NoMethodError). And then a small volume of error messages for different railties things that have failed.

My project is up at https://github.com/belovedofdeath/ticketee

I'm going to keep going through the book and looking to see if I omitted anything accidentally here, but maybe someone can help me sooner than my eyes can? smilie

I don't really care about the email generation thing, just this undefined method 'authenticate_user' bit.

Thanks! smilie

EDIT:
I just don't get it though, because I have access to user_signed_in? and stuff. I ran all of my bundle and bundle install and db:migrate and db:test:prepare. I even did a db:schema:load and then re-migrated and did the db:test:prepare thing again. >:[

Message was edited by:
belovedofdeath
ryanbigg (423) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 6.5 - Linking tickets to users
I don't see the authenticate_user! failure in your cucumber tests.
belovedofdeath (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 6.5 - Linking tickets to users
For creating_tickets.feature?

I just ran it again, and here's the print out:

-iMac:ticketee mel$ bin/cucumber features/creating_tickets.feature
Using the default profile...
undefined method `authenticate_user!' for TicketsController:Class (NoMethodError)
/Users/mel/RubymineProjects/ticketee/app/controllers/tickets_controller.rb:2:in `<class:TicketsController>'
/Users/mel/RubymineProjects/ticketee/app/controllers/tickets_controller.rb:1:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/mel/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/activesupport-3.2.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:251:in `require'
/Users/mel/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/activesupport-3.2.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:251:in `block in require'
/Users/mel/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/activesupport-3.2.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:236:in `load_dependency'
/Users/mel/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/activesupport-3.2.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:251:in `require'
/Users/mel/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/activesupport-3.2.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:359:in `require_or_load'
/Users/mel/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/gems/activesupport-3.2.3/lib/active_support/dependenci

(I truncated it as it's kind of useless-seeming.)

Is there something that I should do as far as refreshing my .... command line? o.O Or something?

EDIT:

OH. DUH. (smiles sweetly) I didn't push what I am working with currently as it's not working and didn't think about that. Brain no werk?

Message was edited by:
belovedofdeath

EDIT EDIT:

(Sorry.)

Message was edited by:
belovedofdeath