jnelas (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Are you thinking of improving the description of the ACT_RU_EXECUTION table?
I understood the simple example (one sequential process), but I'm not sure I understand what happens with more complicated (and realistic) examples.
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: more details about Process Execution tables
Hi,

I'm curious why you want to fully understand the contents of the ACT_RU_EXECUTION table. Because the default why of working with Activiti is via its API. Can you elaborate a bit about why you're asking this?

Thanks,

Tijs
jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
I wonder if you can provide a detalied DataDictionary of the Activiti DataBase just in order to know what is the purpose of each field, hence have the knowledge to take advantage of the information persisted in the DD when we develop special REST services in the Activiti Rest API. Having the DataDictionary we can exploit the info so much better.
Hi,

Sure that would be possible for me to do.
But when you are developing special REST services, why don't you use the Activiti Engine API in stead of the database? Or do you also want to create new queries?

Best regards,

Tijs
Hi Tijs,

I'm sorry it took me so long to answer.

I agree with you, normally the API should be enough.
It's just that I like to understand how the things that I depend upon work, and the executions seem to be both central to the engine and non-obvious.

thanks,
Jn
Hi Tijs,

As you said in order to implement Rest services, using the Activiti Engine API should be enough, I just would like to have de DD in hand in order to understand more about the core information persisted there, I think is a good point not just to know the Activiti Engine API and exploit the info using it, but also how the info is related so exploit that info, for instance for audit purposes. I think should be good idea to let the readers what is the purpose of each table and field and may be extract some KPI's from there (response times of a human activity, how long a process has been taken, etc). Furthermore I think is good to show that in this book from a developer point of view smilie. Hehe sorry I am a developer and I always like to know how the things work smilie
Additionally, could be also good to include the ER diagram of the Activiti DB in the book smilie
I have included several database model diagrams in the last chapter. Additionally I want to create a website related to the book where I can post things like the more detailed description of all fields of the database tables.

Best regards,

Tijs
Hi Tijs,

Thanks for your replay. I wonder if you can provide an expanation about the ACT_RU_EVENT_SUBSCR table beacuse the book does not mention it, I think beacuse the book is based may be in a previous version of Activiti, Im using the last version (5.9).

Additionally I understand the meaning of most of the fields of the activiti DB model so far, but the book does not mention anything about the field REV_ which is in several tables, what does the "REV_" field mean?
Also the "ACT_HI_COMMENT" table smilie
Sure, the ACT_RU_EVENT_SUBSCR is used for the new signal and message start event functionality in Activiti 5.9. Because the engine needs to know which signal events can be triggered, they are stored in that table.

The REV_ column refers to revision. In some tables it doesn't mean a lot, but in for example the ACT_HI_DETAIL table it refers to the revision of for example a variable update.

The ACT_HI_COMMENT table is a special one. This is the table that's used to store the events that can be seen in the event stream in the Activiti Explorer. So when for example an attachment is added to a task, an event is created and stored in this table.

Best regards,

Tijs
Hi,

I'm not really sure about the conclusion to my request.
Do you think it's possible to have a more detailed explanation of the executions smilie ? Are you still undecided?

thanks,
Jn