The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

gregorypierce (1) [Avatar] Offline
Will you cover the approach of using the SDK tools to generate the project structure? Right now the approach taken doesn't really gell with he common way you'd create a project today.

Message was edited by:
gregorypierce
mitchellsimoens (12) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Sencha SDK Tools
This book is more covering Sencha Touch 2 where the SDK Tools would actually deserve it's own little book.
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
We are considering making an appendix on the SDK tools.
SuperRoach (6) [Avatar] Offline
Just curious, why would the SDK Tools need it's own book?

Because the hello world and official tutorials use it, I came into this book from initially creating the SDK version.

The main part is making the code MVC compatible (which looks like is getting it's own chapter already).

There is also a loading index.html which makes a nice loading screen before calling a default view.

While the part of using the SDK tools to generate it's own application using the cloud etc could be left to official docs, it could still be useful for how to tie the code we are writing here with the demos.

I know for example that all of the examples on the web for me were much harder to learn due to using the SDK tools as a base.