licicin (41) [Avatar] Offline
Just installed Activiti Designer 5.9, it assigns bpmn extension.

I can't deploy processes with bpmn extension.
createDeployment doesn't complain, but inserts data only to act_re_deployment table.

If i rename process to use bpmn20.xml extension, everything is fine,
insert is done for both tables: act_re_deployment and act_re_procdef
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Activiti Designer 5.9
Hi,

Right, I posted this on the Activiti user forum.
The Designer now has a .bpmn extension and with Activiti 5.10 this file extension will also be accepted and parsed as a process definition. When you use the create deployment feature in the Activiti Designer, it actually renames the .bpmn file to .bpmn20.xml for now. Did you try that?

Best regards,

Tijs
licicin (41) [Avatar] Offline
No, i use Struts 2 and work with Activiti using API 5.9.
Just deploying bpmn20.xml files.

What is 5.10 release date?
It's scheduled for August at the moment.
jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Tijs,

I also installed Activit Designer 5.9.1 on Eclipse Indigo and Activit 5.8.1 and I am trying to import a process designed in Activit Modeler as you explain in chapter 3, but the problem is this:

With Activit Designer 5.8.1 everything works as you explain, but with Activit Designer 5.9.1 the process files end with .bpmn extension rather than .bpmn20.xml. Additionally the option to import a process called "Import BPMN 2.0 file"does not exist, this option is available with Designer 5.8.1 but in 5.9.1 is not. In 5.8.1 both options are ok ("Create deployment artifacts" and "Import BPMN 2.0 file") but in 5.9.1 just the "Create deployment artifacts" is available, that means that importing files will not be available anymore in next realeses of Activiti Designer? or how can i import a process file with Designer 5.9.1?

Regards,

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

You can simply do a rename of a bpmn20.xml file to .bpmn or just open the bpmn20.xml file with the Activiti Diagram editor. The import was not necessary anymore because you can just copy the file to Eclipse.

Best regards,

Tijs
Hi Tijs,

Thanks for your replay, I tried what you said and works perfectly. But I have another question: When you click on "Create deployment artifacts" option, the only artifact that is created is the .bmpn20.xml file, the .png is not. I think this is not a problem, I just right-click on the process editor and click "Export diagram" and choose the format of the file and that's it. The problem is that when creating the deployment arfitacs, the artifacts created are just put into the "tempbar" directory, the file ".bar" that contains all the artifacts is not created anymore into the "deployment" directory as you describe in the book. Does this mean that the automatic creation of the ".bar" file is not available anymore with designer 5.9.1 and we have to create that deployment file by hand?

I know that is not really a problem (I can do that manually) but that functionality was very useful smilie.
Hi,

Right, the PNG is not generated automatically in 5.9.1, but I may reintroduce it in the next version because a lot of people do use it. When you create the deployment artifacts it should still create a BAR file in the deployment directory. The tempbar dir should be even deleted in 5.9.1. Which OS are you on?

Best regards,

Tijs
Hi again Tijs,

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise. But I have fixed the problem :p. I just unisntalled the designer and reinstall it again and now it works perfectly smilie.