The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

svibuk (2) [Avatar] Offline
i am using Ms reporting services i have few reports , though the body content is different header is same which consists of name & contact information how do i add that in header & how do i make a common file for this header info which i can call in all reports wherever needed instead of dragging the fields in each report i need some function or a report which i can call on all the reports in the header section

suppose i have a report employee.rdlc with all employee details in the body section now in this employee.rdlc i need the company name & say logo to be displayed in the report header section for one report i can make it inline , but as i have multiple rports i wuld like to make a common something lie usercontrol which can be called suppose i make another report say header.rdlc & drag ll the necessary fields & save it in the same folder as of my other reports how do i call header.rdlc in employee.rdlc header section