The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

CRad14 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I was super excited reading this chapter. Granted this isn't the full book, but for me this was the first chapter that really got into the "meat and potatoes" of everything, atleast in my opinion.

I was also super happy with the Select-Object section 7.4 p49 for me. As explained select-object atleast to a beginner can be a difficult thing to wrap your head around, especially with the -expandproperty parameter.
The example

Get-Service -Name BFE | Select -Expand DependentServices

Was Awesome. For me understanding the expandproperty parameter really came from just investigating how it was different. So although there is a

Get-Service | Select-Object -Property Name,DependentServices

for comparison, I personally think it might be helpful if there was a direct comparison with

Get-Service -Name BFE | Select DependentServices
vs
Get-Service -Name BFE | Select -Expand DependentServices

Since to me the "Select name, dependentservices" is not quite an apples to apples comparison with "Select -expand Dependentservices"

Regardless, I am loving the book and I can't wait till more chapters are released