The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

metcalfep (2) [Avatar] Offline
A question to all three authors
I have books by all three authors in paper form
What is different about this book over the others you have all published?

Thanks

Patrick
Jeffery Hicks (22) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Why Buy Powershell in Depth
First off, I'm grateful you have copies of our other books. I appreciate the support. As for this project I suppose the simple answer is that this is our first book on PowerShell 3.0. Certainly a lot of the material will still apply to PowerShell 2.0 but if you are looking forward to learning about and using new features like workflows this is the book you will want on your shelf or e-reader.

I think overall if you like the books we've written you'll be please with this effort. The book is written in the same informal and (we'd like to think) easy to read style. We want the reader to feel that we're sitting around a table chatting about PowerShell.

I hope you'll join us.