The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

arnonrgo (62) [Avatar] Offline
I want to say I am delighted but I guess relieved is the right word here  - I've finally submitted all the book chapters to manning and I'm now doing an editing round on all the chapters (re-adding missing images, update pattern references, fixing typos etc.).

The current (and hopefully final) table of contents  is as follows:

Part I - SOA Patterns
Chapter 1 - Solving SOA pains with patterns - an introduction
Chapter 2 - Basic structural patterns
Chapter 3 - Performance, scalability and availability patterns
Chapter 4 - Security and manageability patterns
Chapter 5 - Message exchange patterns
Chapter 6 - Service consumer interaction patterns
Chapter 7 - Service integration patterns
part II - SOA in the real world
Chapter 8 - SOA anti-patterns
Chapter 9 - Putting it all together - a case study
Chapter 10 - SOA vs. the world - how SOA fits with other techs:  REST, Cloud and Big data

As part of the update round I've added a patten map that shows some of the relations between the pattern which you can see here http://arnon.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/patternmap.jpg

I suppose it would take some more time before the final version of the book will be available (it is getting there) but I guess  this is also a good time to thank the thousands of you who bought this book  via early access even though it was far from finished.