The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mindchi (31) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I'm reading through on page 81 (final addition) where it discusses data types that bindy
uses as shown in table 3.5. It shows marshal as using List<Map><String>>. However, in
subsequent example I don't see how the List<Map><String>> comes into play.

We end up with the call: from("direct:toCsv")
.marshal().bindy(BindType.csv, "camelinaction.bindy")
.to("mock:result");

prior to that we had the route invoke with:
template.sendbody("direct:toCsv", order);

So, where is the List<Map><String>> being generated/used?

I know there is a lot of magic that goes on inside the hood, but I'd like to see
where this ties in since you made specific mention of it.

Thanks.

BTW,
I had started reading earlier version of this book, and now am reading the final version.
So far, it is very good and I am clearing up a lot of things that were fuzzy before.

-T
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Question Regarding Camel bindy data types
Hi, there is an example in listing 3.8.

That example is for converting a POJO to CSV which will be in text format.
In this example we only have 1 order POJO, so we essentially do not need to put that into a List.

The source code for the books contains a couple of bindy examples, which I encourage you to take a look at, which we talk about on page 83.