carlos.sessa (15) [Avatar] Offline
Hey,

First of all, thanks for buying the MEAP and I hope you are learning some trick from the book.

Feel free to write a new post and I will try answering as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Sessa, Carlos
laser128 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome!
Thanks for creating the book. Most helpful for part time Android developers like myself. I would like to suggest a hack. How do you create a radar like screen ? You know, with a line in the center that sweeps around and around and concentric circles ?
laser128: No problem. I hope you are learning.
Doing a radar like screen sounds too specific. Open a new thread inside http://www.manning-sandbox.com/forum.jspa?forumID=801 explaining:

- What do you need
- How do you want to place "targets"
- Android min version

Cheers,
C
mstringham (6) [Avatar] Offline
I have purchased the book since I have joined a dedicated Android development team just recently.

Questions:
1. Are you going to cover the compatibility libraries? (such as ActionBarSherlock for ActionBars in pre-Honeycomb Android?) - perhaps in the Fragmentation section of the book?

2. Will you cover charting/reporting? (under Third Party or Tools sections?)
> I have purchased the book since I have joined a
> dedicated Android development team just recently.

Thanks smilie

>
> Questions:
> 1. Are you going to cover the compatibility
> libraries? (such as ActionBarSherlock for ActionBars
> in pre-Honeycomb Android?) - perhaps in the
> Fragmentation section of the book?

I have used ActionBarSherlock for the first time in my last project. I honestly didn't find any particular tip on how to use it. Do you have anything in mind?

>
> 2. Will you cover charting/reporting? (under Third
> Party or Tools sections?)

Almost same thing with ActionBarSherlock. I have used google analytics for charting/reporting. Adding google analytics to your app is simple and I didn't find any "aha!" moments.

Of course, I am open to suggestions.

Cheers,
C
Bruce Ingalls (1) [Avatar] Offline
License
Will the same undated copyright on your book apply to the code, or do you plan on using an industry standard license?
Thanks!
Re: License
The code is already uploaded to github (https://github.com/Macarse/50AH-code) with a MIT license.