The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

carlos.sessa (15) [Avatar] Offline
Hey,

First of all, thanks for buying the MEAP and I hope you are learning some trick from the book.

Feel free to write a new post and I will try answering as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Sessa, Carlos
laser128 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome!
Thanks for creating the book. Most helpful for part time Android developers like myself. I would like to suggest a hack. How do you create a radar like screen ? You know, with a line in the center that sweeps around and around and concentric circles ?
laser128: No problem. I hope you are learning.
Doing a radar like screen sounds too specific. Open a new thread inside http://www.manning-sandbox.com/forum.jspa?forumID=801 explaining:

- What do you need
- How do you want to place "targets"
- Android min version

Cheers,
C
mstringham (6) [Avatar] Offline
I have purchased the book since I have joined a dedicated Android development team just recently.

Questions:
1. Are you going to cover the compatibility libraries? (such as ActionBarSherlock for ActionBars in pre-Honeycomb Android?) - perhaps in the Fragmentation section of the book?

2. Will you cover charting/reporting? (under Third Party or Tools sections?)
> I have purchased the book since I have joined a
> dedicated Android development team just recently.

Thanks smilie

>
> Questions:
> 1. Are you going to cover the compatibility
> libraries? (such as ActionBarSherlock for ActionBars
> in pre-Honeycomb Android?) - perhaps in the
> Fragmentation section of the book?

I have used ActionBarSherlock for the first time in my last project. I honestly didn't find any particular tip on how to use it. Do you have anything in mind?

>
> 2. Will you cover charting/reporting? (under Third
> Party or Tools sections?)

Almost same thing with ActionBarSherlock. I have used google analytics for charting/reporting. Adding google analytics to your app is simple and I didn't find any "aha!" moments.

Of course, I am open to suggestions.

Cheers,
C
Bruce Ingalls (1) [Avatar] Offline
License
Will the same undated copyright on your book apply to the code, or do you plan on using an industry standard license?
Thanks!
Re: License
The code is already uploaded to github (https://github.com/Macarse/50AH-code) with a MIT license.