The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

sakkew (11) [Avatar] Offline
Notes on section 1.4.2:

This is the first example, and I feel it is important that beginners do not get confused in terms:
"#2 Switch pin on and off" -> "#2 Switch LED on" (sound a bit strange for me to "switch" a pin)

"switches pin 13 on or HIGH or LOW" -> "sets pin 13 to HIGH or LOW"

(reference http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/digitalWrite)

As seen in other books, references to code are formatted differently also in sentences to avoid confusing meaning:
"letters digitalwrite is not the same to Arduino as digitalWrite" -> "letters <codeFormat>digitalwrite</codeFormat> is not the same to Arduino as <codeFormat>digitalWrite</codeFormat>".

Notes on section 1.4.3:

"You can either just connect the Arduino to your computer via the USB cable or add an LED
between pin 13 and gnd.": remove the USB-setup. It is duplicated in the next section.

In overall, I find the book understandable and well structured.
Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Sakke
martin.evans (25) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Notes about sections 1.4.2 and 1.4.3
Hi Sakke

thanks for the input, We are going through amendments at the moment. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

Thanks
Martin