joeBoy61 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I purchased the heap and looks like for several months, no e-mail invitation for downloads is happening, plus the chapters published remain the same. This is taking too long.

Please update. Thank you
aoathout (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: What is the Roadmap for this Book?
I agree. I bought this book a very long time ago. SenchaTouch 2 is in PR3 since Dec. 11, PR4 (or maybe beta) should be coming out soon. At this point most of the major bugs (at least for what I'm doing) have been fixed. There are other books out for senchatouch 1.x (senchatouch cookbook, etc) but this book seems to be going nowhere. How about a timeline / roadmap? anybody?
Siegfried (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'd like to know if sencha touch 2 will be used instead of 1.1.1...
franks (7) [Avatar] Offline
We received an email in Sep '11, and no updates to the doc at all for more than 5 months... no messages from the authors and no real updates from Manning either.

Kind of embarrassing... not sure what I paid for...

-FrankS.
publicjs (4) [Avatar] Offline
Saw in the author's twitter feed - he's sending revised chapter 2 to the publisher this weekend. Hopefully we will get to see it soon. I believe the plan is to rewrite for version 2 of Sencha.

But it would be nice for someone to update us, after all we did buy the non-existent book.

I think we should all be offered another book for free (of our choice) for waiting all this time.
joetopshot (12) [Avatar] Offline
What is his twitter address?
larryq (38) [Avatar] Offline
There was a posting from Manning some while ago, stating the authors were going to (essentially) rewrite the book to take Sencha Touch 2 into account. That's why the delay is occurring.

But it would be nice to hear from Manning again, letting us know what the new timeline is, since it has been a while.

-Larry
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Hey guys,

I apologize for the delay in responses. We've been heads down doing deep inspection into the framework and have not had much time to take our heads out of the source code to visit the forums.

We're revamping the material to 2.0. Touch 2 came out a few short weeks ago, and there have been a ton of changes since its development began almost a year ago. We're all working hard to learn things so we can cover material as deeply as possible. Unfortunately, this takes time.

The good thing is that this *will* be the best sencha touch 2 book out in the market. I'm currently working on CH1, while other chapters are being done in paralel by Mitchell and Anthony.

More to come smilie
kormos (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi.

Please inform us for book updates.

It's been a long time with no updates.

Thanks.
mitchellsimoens (12) [Avatar] Offline
A new MEAP release was sent out last week. There are two more chapters to be finished and we will be done. Chapter 7 (we added a chapter so chapter numbers are getting redone) about DataViews is almost finished. I'm working to finish things off and will send to editor first part of this week. Usually have some things to fix or refactor but shouldn't take too long. I have a bunch of examples in this chapter!
kiranaghor (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
Looking at the book homepage, it shows there are 4 chapters remaining that included 3 chapters from final section. Could you please update when these will be released?

Thanks
Kiran
mitchellsimoens (12) [Avatar] Offline
First off I do want to apologize that this book has taken this long. I could give you excuses but instead I would like to offer an update.

Today, we just had a MEAP update that sent out Chapters 6, 9 and 10.

Chapter 7 is in editing phase so it's close and Chapter 11 isn't far off either. By my count, that means that this book is almost finished!
m.cortes (4) [Avatar] Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

just kidding great work, cant wait for the finished product
SuperRoach (6) [Avatar] Offline
That's excellent news! Aug 15th now, so I think its a great time that i discovered about the book. I think you'll be the first genuinely ST2 focused book, something I'm desperately after!