The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

tobystereo (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I love that there is an epub and a kindle version now.
I immediately downloaded them, but can't get the epub version to work in any reader. The kindle version also only works sometimes.

I tried Stanza on Mac, Calibre on Mac, Adobe Editions on Mac, Nook Study on Mac, iBooks on iPad and iPhone as well as Kindle on Mac and iOS.

Hope this will be a quick fix.
jmgimeno (69) [Avatar] Offline
Re: New ePub file not working
I confirm that mobi version does not work on kindle, and on the kindle app for mac, texts reads ok but there are no figures.

I haven't tried epub.

JM
anthropoid (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: New ePub file not working
I can confirm that the EPUB is definitely corrupted. Since an EPUB file is simply a Zip archive with well-defined contents, it should pass any Zip client's archive integrity check. This EPUB doesn't:

Archive: GenerativeArt.epub
error [GenerativeArt.epub]: missing 425984 bytes in zipfile
(attempting to process anyway)
error [GenerativeArt.epub]: attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile
(please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
(attempting to re-compensate)
testing: mimetype OK
testing: 01fig01.jpg OK
testing: 01fig02_alt.jpg OK
testing: 01fig03.jpg
error: invalid compressed data to inflate
file #5: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 172299
(attempting to re-compensate)
(please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
file #10: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 30226
file #11: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 49034
file #12: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81908
file #13: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 104434
testing: 02fig09.jpg OK
testing: 02fig10.jpg OK
testing: 02fig11.jpg OK
[...]