The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

kenneth.kousen (57) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

I've moved all the source code for the MEAP chapters to my GitHub repository. The direct link is https://github.com/kousen/Making-Java-Groovy .

The repo is organized by chapter. Each chapter has one or more individual projects, each with its own individual gradle build file. Most projects also have a gradlew batch file, which you can use to build the project even if you don't have gradle installed.

I recently updated all the Groovy dependencies to the current release version, 1.8.4. That's not required to make the code work, but my plan is to use the latest version of Groovy (and Grails) available when the book is released.

Each project has a README file in it which hopefully makes it obvious what to do. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here, or contact me by email.

FYI, I'm currently revising the testing chapter (ch05) and am starting work on the web applications chapter (ch10).