The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

kawanoshinobu (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello.

I received a mail saying "Sencha Touch in Action is being revised to reflect all of the changes from Sencha Touch 1.0 to 2.0. ",
but PDF available for download are not reflected in the revision.

Is download link old?
fdlessard (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: The old download link?
same thing here .... the download link still points to an older version
DigitalDog (1) [Avatar] Offline
I agree. I'm looking forward to the Sencha Touch 2 updates.
dwfresh (1) [Avatar] Offline
same here. can someone point me to the 2.0 files ??
franks (7) [Avatar] Offline
Same here...

It also makes sharing any comments/suggestions on this forum kind of a waste of time if you know that you're looking at an old version.

I sent Marjan Bace <maba@manning.com> an email about this and received a reply that someone would help me "soon".

Guess it wouldn't hurt to send Marjan a request for a "real" update also to let Manning know that there are more customers hurting...

-FrankS
sest (15) [Avatar] Offline
Hello all,
I'm the developmental editor for Sencha Touch in Action. I apologize for the confusion on this matter. That e-mail was intended to inform all subscribers that STIA will be revised for the switch to Sencha 2.0, not that those changes had already been implemented. The authors first had to master the new version of the framework and rework the book's table of contents to cover new material. You can see below that three chapters have been added to the table of contents:

Chapter 1: Introducing Sencha Touch
Chapter 2: First-Time Use
Chapter 3: Sencha Touch Foundations
Chapter 4: Panels and Tabpanels
Chapter 5: Getting the User's Attention
Chapter 6: Data Stores
Chapter 7: Views, Lists, and Templates
Chapter 8: Taking Form
Chapter 9: Maps, Media, and Carousels
Chapter 10: Classes and Ext Loader
Chapter 11: MVC

Chapter 12: App Building
Chapter 13: SDK Tools and Development

We expect that chapter 5 will be the first to be fully updated for Sencha 2.0.

Thank you for your patience,
Sebastian Stirling
lbstr (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello, I've bought ebook version but there's only 161 pages inside and some chapters have been skipped...is that last updated version of this book?

Message was edited by:
lbstr
kathrine (4) [Avatar] Offline
financial tips are available for those people who want to get latest info about personal finance management . I will definately say that you will find something new in it.