The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

MichaelAaronson (2) [Avatar] Offline
Is it possible to have advance access to some source code before the book is published?
It would be helpful while we are reading the MEAP edition.
It could be provided with the understanding that it is incomplete, and subject to change.
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Source code availability
I don't recall exactly when Manning makes the source available. Presumably after it goes through tech review (which is happening right now).

I tried to include all the source in the book this time, as it turns out that lots of people actually like to type in the code.

Anything in-particular you're looking for, or just a general request?

Pete
MichaelAaronson (2) [Avatar] Offline
It was just a general request.

Even if the code is in the book, I sometimes find it helpful to look at all the related files, especially if what I type in doesn't seem to be working.

But, since the book, with the code, is being released soon, there is probably no need for you to provide advance copies of the code now.
tom0049 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I would be thankful if could get the source code for the SL5 printing examples.
Kind regards,
tom
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
For printing, I actually suggest going to http://silverlightreporting.codeplex.com and using that. It's a superset of the example in the book.

Pete