The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

newbie000 (10) [Avatar] Offline
The book depends heavily on MAVEN to build project and download all the depencies. I can run the MAVEN command and see the result of the exmaple, but I don't understand what's is going on in terms of project building and downloading all the dependencies!
I need to create a project and deploy it in the production. How can I make sure that all the dependencies are available. I don't know MAVEN. Do I first need to learn MAVEN?

MAVEN saves all the JARS to Maven’s local download cache, is this the right approach for production application? Please explain.
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Creating CAMEL project
Read chapter 11 its about building new Camel projects.

You don't need to know much about Maven, just that there is a pom.xml file, and that is where you add your Camel components you use. And any other 3rd party JARs.

The Maven Central Repo has many 3rd party JARs you can chose from
[http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/]

If you look for a GUI editor that helps and hides some of this complexity, then Eclipse/IDEA have Maven support. And FuseSource has a Camel editor named Fuse IDE
[http://fusesource.com/products/fuse-ide/]
You can run this mvn command to have it copy all the needed JARs to target/xxx directory (cant remember in which directory, but it will say on the console)

mvn dependency:copy-dependencies
Camel can be deployed in any kind of production environment (we try to not have any limits).

So it really depends on what kind of production environment you use
- Apache Tomcat with WAR files
- JEE server with EAR or WAR files
- Apache ServiceMix
- OSGi servers
- Cloud
- etc