The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

jambalaya (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi. I am reading the first freely available intro chapter, which states:

1.1.4 Community-driven but corporate-backed
For some people, it's comforting to know that their investment in a language is
protected by its adoption as a standard. This is one of the distinctive promises of
Groovy. Since the passage of JSR-241, Groovy is the second language under
standardization for the Java platform (the first being the Java language).

I took a look at the JSR page and the status is inactive. This probably means there is a new JSR (if so, change the number in the chapter, please) or groovy will after all never be standardized as a JVM language, in which case the quoted excerpt is no longer valid, and should probably be changed as well.

jamba
Mittie (397) [Avatar] Offline
Re: JSR 241 - described but inactive
Hi jamba,

thanks for the reminder. Yes, we should keep this information up to date. This is not quite easy since the state of the JSR changed back and forth and my latest info is that it will be reactivated as soon as it becomes clear how Oracle handles this.

thanks a lot for posting
Dierk