The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rfrayne (2) [Avatar] Offline
Page 4, section 1.3, last paragraph: 'more popular broac-reach gaming platform'

two sentences later: 'gamesThere'

Fantastic first chapter. I learned a lot and enjoyed reading it. I'll be purchasing the MEAP today to help support your fam... I mean hobbies!
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Re: some typos
Thanks.

The chapters in the MEAP haven't gone through any proof reading yet, so there will be lots of typos in there.

Chapter 1 will have a bunch of changes soon; I need to update it for the final feature list and the restructured chapter numbers
rfrayne (2) [Avatar] Offline
OK, I'll resist the urge to post any additional typos I find! smilie
jhurdlow (2) [Avatar] Offline
Pete, when would you like us to start reporting typos, etc...? I just purchased the MEAP and I'm seeing errata while browsing through it. Should we still hold-off for an editorial pass first, or post things we find now?
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
If you see *technical* issues/errors (incorrect code, facts, etc.), please go ahead and report them. Also, if a sentence doesn't make sense for one reason or another, report that.

Grammar, typos, etc. will all be addressed by the editing process that gets everything from the MEAP state to print.

Pete
jhurdlow (2) [Avatar] Offline
Ok, thanks Pete.

I'm going to report this typo because it's in a diagram and might get missed:

Figure 3.1 "Downloiad XAP" should be "Download XAP"
mikestre (46) [Avatar] Offline
In section 3.3.2 "Clarifying the initial experience", there is an error in the code:

inplaceInstallPrompt: true,

should be:

inplaceInstallPrompt: "true",