The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

masoud_sedighy@yahoo.com (11) [Avatar] Offline
Hello

I like to run one sample application of web linq (linqbook application). It needs Access Key for Amazon Web Services so when I debug without that I have error like below:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'LinqBooks.Web.Global'.

Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="LinqBooks.Web.Global" Language="C#" %>
Please guide me how I can run this application without preparing “Access key, Secret key” because for now just I like to run this sample without web services and I do not have “Access key, Secret key”.
Best regards.
fabrice.marguerie (224) [Avatar] Offline
Re: run application without preparing “Access key, Secret key”
The samples that work with Amazon require the access/secret keys. The others don't.

If for any reason you need to compile the Amazon samples without actual keys, just edit AmazonCommonAmazon.cs to use:

public const String AccessKey = "";
public const String SecretKey = "";