The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

iapazmino (10) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I'm trying to build the ch17-dbunit projecto with maven (3.0.3) but the project's parent pom can't be resolved.

<parent>
<groupId>com.manning.junitbook</groupId>
<artifactId>junit-in-action-II</artifactId>
<version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</parent>

The error message is as follows

[ERROR] The project com.manning.junitbook:ch17-dbunit:2.0-SNAPSHOT (/home/iapazmino/workspace/jee6/ch17-dbunit/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact com.manning.junitbook:junit-in-action-II:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 20, column 10 -> [Help 2]

Is it still published? Should I add a new repository?
Thanks in advance
iapazmino (10) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Parent POM for dbunit not resolved
Sorry, I did not notice I should unpack the whole zip and not just the chapter I'm interested in.

Building is failing at compilation of the test code ELContextImpl

[ERROR] /home/iapazmino/workspace/sandbox/junitbook2/ch17-dbunit/src/test/java/com/manning/junitbook/ch17/dbunit/ELContextImpl.java:[48,31] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol : method newInstance()
[ERROR] location: class javax.el.ExpressionFactory

Weird part is the api-doc says the method does exist http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/el/ExpressionFactory.html#newInstance%28%29

I checked the scope and is OK set to test, and looked for other versions for javax.el:el-api but 1.0 is the only one I could find. Now I'm using javax.el:javax.el-api:2.2.1

Results :

Tests run: 14, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2