The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mgrove (1) [Avatar] Offline
didn't find these comments in other errata threads in this forum; apologies if any of these are duplicates.

Page 138 – "The numbers here are continuous..." – no they aren’t, the analyzer left holes (as shown by missing 1 and 7 on bottom of 137).

Page 145, "Figure 4.7 shows..." - should refer to figure 4.6

Page 148, "you can see the output in figure 4.8" - should refer to figure 4.7

Page 161, "The natural order can be reversed per Sort object by specifying true for the second argument" I think should be "The natural order can be reversed per SortField object by specifying true for the third argument" (Sort=>SortField, second=>third), or I'm missing something in the example.

Page 184, "We saw how to wrap a filter as a query" - I think should be “wrap a query as a filter” or “wrap a query with a filter” or "wrap a filter around a query", as we're talking about QueryWrapperFilter and related classes here.

Page 219, The code example uses pubmonth:[01/01/2010 TO 06/01/2010], but the output of the program uses different dates ([05/01/1988 TO 10/01/1988])

Page 226 – "Listing 6.16 shows our own BulletinPayloadsAnalyzer and BulletinPayloadsFilter" - BulletinPayloadsAnalyzer mentioned but never shown.
mike.mccandless (221) [Avatar] Offline
Re: errata found in my reading
Thanks mgrove -- I will record these!