martin.evans (25) [Avatar] Offline
I'll be keeping an eye on any posts and will answer questions as quickly as possible.
The first four chapters and a coding primer appendix are available as a MEAP.

Thanks
Martin Evans

Message was edited by:
martin.evans
zabouti (6) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome to the Arduino in Action forum
I'm lined up to do some volunteer arduino programming for a local museum, and the exhibits manager says that he'll help me set up Eclipse as a programming environment.

Does your book discuss Eclipse at all? Will it still benefit me if it doesn't?

Thanks,
ge
Hi
Unfortunately we don't cover setting Arduino up in Eclipse. Is there a particular reason you want to use Eclipse as the supplied programming environment although basic is fairly easy to use.
The topics covered in the book are suitable for both beginner and more advanced users. Can you tell me a little more about the projects you will be working on?

Thanks,
Martin
douglasv (316) [Avatar] Offline
Looks like a lot of fun ahead

using windows 7 64 bit
The ide runs but...

Pdf, page 14, I copied and pasted the code into the ide,
when I clicked the verify tool button.
ide complains stray '#' in program,

7 errors in all reported,(error expected ';' before '}' token) and so forth.

Iis there a README somewhere
for a windows7 ide install?
Hi Sorry for delay in getting back, I've been at a Maker Faire in Brighton UK.

when you copy the code across can you edit it and remove the # symbols please. The # symbols are used by Manning Publications to show where a code comment will be in the final book.

Hope you are enjoying the Arduino so far.

Thanks
Martin
crick (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello

I've read the first chapter of Arduino In Action and there is an error on section 1.2.
I don't know if this is the right place for errata and so on...anyway here is the error.
The book says on section 1.2 starting at row 4:

[...] later boards, the Arduino NG plus and the Diecimila (Italian for 1000) used the ATMega168 [...]

Well the word "Diecimila" in italian stands for 10000 (ten-thousand) not 1000 (one-thousand) that, instead, translates to "Mille".

Source...well I'm Italian! smilie

Anyway good work...keep going!!!

Cheers
Thanks for the correction. Funnily enough when I was a child; many years ago, I went on holiday to Italy and learn't all my numbers up to a million so I should have spotted that myself.

Martin
368967 (1) [Avatar] Offline
HI, this book is great and i like what i read. So a have a question, the Arduino mega, can work well in low delays? Like 1 milliseconds?
Thank you, and great book!