steflik (2) [Avatar] Offline
I paid my money last Spring because I liked what I saw and was really hoping it (the book) would be available for the Fall 2011 Semester and I wanted to use it for a course I teach. It seems like you guys are missing an opportunity.

When will the book be finished and in print?

Dick Steflik
Dept of Comp Sci
Binghamton University
charlie.collins (125) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Went will the book be available
Hi Dick.

Sorry it's taken us longer than expected, but we wanted to add content to deal with Honeycomb (3.x), so we made the decision to change around a few areas, and add some stuff, and that took time.

Even so, it's basically on the way to the printers NOW! It takes some time to get from printers to stores and distributors (not sure exactly how long, I would *guess* 4-8 weeks), but we're close.

Also, there will be one more update to the MEAP stuff (so it gets the latest content).

We appreciate the interest. If you want to drop us me email directly I might be able to help with getting you copies ASAP once they are ready, and maybe Manning can also help with institutional discounts. If you're interested charlie.collins AT gmail DOT com.

thanks
steflik (2) [Avatar] Offline
4 to 8 weeks end of Sept or October which is half way through the Fall semester and the course won't be offered until next Fall. MEAP is OK for me but it doesn't help my students hardly at all. How about an eBook version?

Dick Steflik
charlie.collins (125) [Avatar] Offline
I *think* it will be published in mobi and epub formats very soon. I need to confirm that with Manning, but every other project I've worked on with them did that. I'll check and get back to you.