The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

regvito (2) [Avatar] Offline
Trying to run the source version 2.8 chapter12/Tracer example doesn't work. The original book version does work however.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Tracer example
You should be able to run it like this

mvn compile exec:java -PManageTracer
regvito (2) [Avatar] Offline
Let me be more specific about how the tracer example from the 2.8 version is not working:
1. I run it exactly like the above: mvn compile exec:java -PManageTracer
2. I run jconsole (using java 1.6)
3. I change the context's tracing attribute from false to true.

Doing the above doesn't turn on tracing and the output stays the same.

I do the same steps above but with the original version of code in the book (camelinaction-src.zip) and when I turn on tracing in jconsole, the output changes to verbose indicating the routes, etc. So the example works as indicated in the book.

So version 2.8 has something wrong with the example.
Thanks for the detailed reporting. Yeah it appears as the CamelContext mbean have Tracing enabled by default, which in fact it hasn't. I will look into this.
I have fixed the example on the trunk of the source code.