The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

stanlick (307) [Avatar] Offline
Can someone point me to instructions on How To build the source?

Peace,
Scott
SteveH1UK (24) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Building examples
The early ones have maven 2 pom files so you can build these with maven.

For some reason the later ones come with gradle. I needed to download gradle and then run it by cd into the directory (e.g. Spitter) and then I rand gradle build and also gradle eclipse.

When I opened up eclipse I still needed to manually fiddle the classpath.
stanlick (307) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks Steve --

Isn't it the case where we always have to fiddle with it?

Peace,
Scott Stanlick
ranajit (13) [Avatar] Offline
I tried to go to the build path and add all the jars . but still the compilation error in the test is not going away and the pom.xml still shows error.

1, I am using SpringSource Tool for making the projects. the projects i am making is spring project. Should it be Maven project or Gradle project ? Should it not autodetect the project. I tried to import the project via folders but was not successful. When i created new project with the path, it successfully created but i created the project as spring project.

2. How do i know which project is normal java project , maven project or gradle project.

Regards
3. The pom.xml showed error. you folks manually changed this file ?

4. Any environment variable should be set to IDE or eclipse or the system itself ? Let me know which ones
ranajit (13) [Avatar] Offline
Other thing i notice is only way to run the examples is via the Junit tests. I am facing problem here too as TestContextManager is not able to load the Objects by autowire... finding it really difficult.