The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

mohankan (2) [Avatar] Offline
Today I purchased Asp.Net MVC 3.0 in Action MEAP book. How can I download the book source files in zip format?

Regards

Mohan
JSkinner (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: AspNet MVC3 in Action Source zip file
Hi Mohan

The source code is currently available in the book's bitbucket repository at https://bitbucket.org/jeffreypalermo/mvc-3-in-action/wiki/Home - you can either check out the repository using a mercurial client or download a zip by clicking the "Get Source -> Zip" link in the top right of the page. This contains the entire repository (raw manuscripts and figures as well as the source code) - there will be a separate zip with just the source published once we get closer to completion.

Jeremy
mohankan (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the zip file jeffreypalermo-mvc-3-in-action-8fa11a411072.zip. But I could not unzip the file. It shows the error

With Winzip: "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

With WinRar: "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

Can you please advise on how to download the file correctly

Regards
JSkinner (8) [Avatar] Offline
I'm not sure what's going on there....looks like it might be a problem at BitBucket's end. I'd suggest using a mercurial client to check out the repository for now.

Jeremy