The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Are there particular RIA Services topics you'd like to see me dive more deeply into in SL5iA?

RIA Services is getting large enough that covering it all will be quite a task, possibly too much for the book (I'm still evaluating that). I'd like to start by prioritizing what you're interested in.

Pete
mbcrump (8) [Avatar] Offline
Re: RIA Services - what do you want covered for SL5
A nice quick run-through of what's new in WCF RIA Service SP2 (since it will be out of preview state) and sample code using it's new features is what I'm the most interested in.
g-loc (7) [Avatar] Offline
if possible, i would like to see some consistent example of sending and retriving custom business object from a domaniservice from silverlight.

luca
tkurland (1) [Avatar] Offline
I would like to see how ria services and MVVM work together
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
You'll be happy to know that I did include a whole additional chapter on RIA and MVVM using some of the new things to come out in the recent versions of RIA Services.

It'll probably end up being a downloadable (and ebook) chapter, however. The book ended up at 1200+ pages, and that was way too big for print, so a few chapters will be made available to purchasers of the book through other mechanisms. I figured that's a good compromise, as no content actually gets "cut".

Pete