The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

lupulo (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm part of the MEAP program, and have read through what there is so far of the 2nd edition. Then went back and started reading through the 1st edition. I have a thought on the chapter on builders, specifically on the AntBuilder section. My thought about the perfect antbuilder example (and I've googled for this information and am unable to find a good example) is an antbuilder script which builds a groovy program with groovyc and jars the output into a ready-to-distribute jar file. All of the most useful examples I've found have used groovy & antbuilder to build JAVA projects.

Message was edited by:
lupulo
Mittie (397) [Avatar] Offline
Re: thoughts on builders chapter
Hi Lupulu,

thanks for the suggestion!

The "how to build a groovy application" part will be covered in the section about Gradle (chapter 19, currently in the works). However, the idea may still be an interesting option.

thanks a lot for posting
Dierk