The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

labrunner (1) [Avatar] Offline
I finished my application (my computer has windows xp). It is a desktop flashcard application. A person can add, edit, and delete their own flashcard sets. I used linq to sql (sql server 2008 express). I wanted to publish the application so that I would be able to run it on my other computer (windows 7) that didn't have the database (with all the tables) already installed.

Before I hit the publish button, I added prerequisites Microsoft .Net Framework 4, SQL Server 2008 Express, and Windows Installer 4.5. The setup installed everything. It worked fine until I tried to add the set to the database. The program said there was an error and shut down.

I am thinking that installing SQL Server didn't add my database with my tables for me. How do I do this?

Thank you!!

PS I am still new at this so an easy example or one with screen shots or a video would be awesome.